Our magnificent human bodies are the epitome of teamwork at its best. Each of our systems cooperates and contributes to the efforts of the others for the benefit of the whole. But, other forces are often at work inside the body that affect its efficiency. Known as the Chakras, these centers of energy in the body are believed by many people to be directly related to the physical functioning and well-being of a person.
The term “Chakra” was derived from the Sanskrit word “wheel.” There are seven of these energy centers in the body that are located where major nerve points meet. These points affect the endocrine glands and the nervous system. Each Chakra is associated with a specific color chosen from the seven rays of the rainbow.
Of the seven Chakras, the first is known as the Root Chakra, which is represented by the color red. It is located in the base of the spine at the groin area and regulates the sense of survival, instinct, and security. Let’s explore this Chakra and how it links to feelings of anxiety and also discover some ways to balance this Chakra to relieve negative emotions.
Is Your Root Chakra Deficient or Out of Balance?
Most of us have experienced an imbalanced Root Chakra at some time in our lives. Whether from trauma such as the death of a loved one, financial problems, or an abusive parent or spouse, the effects of anxiety and trauma can extend to affect all areas of a person’s life.
Some of the warning signs that you are harboring an unhealthy Root Chakra can include:
- Do you obsess about money?
- Are you a “control freak” and fear losing that sense of control?
- Have you felt disconnected from others or from nature?
- Do you have problems with overeating or loss of appetite?
- Are you experiencing swelling, cramps, or poor circulation in your legs or feet?
- Do you feel that you can rely on no one other than yourself?
- Do you mistrust others or find it difficult to be yourself around them?
- Have you become a workaholic?
If you identify with any of the above, you will want to try some of the following tips.
Healing the Root Chakra for Improved Harmony in Life
With a clear, harmonious Root Chakra, you will feel calm and grounded and lose the anxiety you’ve been dealing with regarding financial matters, trust issues, and life in general. You will also find it easier to just go with the flow of life and give up the need to fight or defend.
A favorite method for healing the root chakra is to wear or carry crystals such as Red Jasper, Hematite and Smoky Quartz. These gemstones have an effect on the root chakra by harnessing the following energies:
- Red Jasper: This red gemstone has properties of strengthening your mind. It will help balance emotions and overcome stress or anxiety. It is said that red jasper will help you understand which choices are the correct ones. It also enhances creativity and enables you to realize your goals and dreams.
- Hematite: Has properties for keeping the owner’s energy balanced. It can stimulate the unconsciousness to bring out your highest potential. Associated with courage, confidence, and logical thinking.
- Smoky Quartz: Known as one of the strongest talismans, smoky quartz is associated with improving your aura and strengthening the owner’s mental power. It can also relieve the negative energy that is stored in your body.
** Of course, some anxiety in stressful moments is normal – even expected – and isn’t an indicator for an anxiety disorder. Nicole Clark shared a useful tool for the moments when we aren’t sure that our anxiety is in an expected range. **
Nicole Clark at Maryland Recovery reached out to me after reading this article with a very helpful my free my free Anxiety Quiz. After taking the quiz myself, I felt the need to share it here. The quiz has well directed questions and helps put the level and type of anxiety you are feeling into perspective. Thank you, Nicole! Sharing is caring 🙂
Taking the quiz can help you gauge between what is normal anxiety versus what isn’t.
Here’s a direct URL so you can check it out: https://www.
If you would like more information about root chakra stones, please contact me at SuddenShrines today. I invite you to explore my website and view some of my handcrafted gemstone products that can help you cleanse and unblock your Root Chakra.