You’ve probably heard about chakras, but never really explored their meaning or how they contribute to our physical and mental wellbeing. What is chakra? The term “Chakra” means “wheel” in Sanskrit (an ancient language of India). The wheel depicts energy, which is essential to life. That is why the chakras are often shown as spinning, colored vortex.
It is believed that when the energy of the chakras is blocked, the body becomes out of balance and illness can result. But, you can unblock that energy and keep it flowing freely for improved health and vitality.
What are Chakras and How Can You Keep Them Balanced?
It is the energy center of the body that helps regulate all functioning. The chakras affect you mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The effects can be negative if the chakras are out of balance. Each one represents a specific area of the body that connects your physical self with your spiritual self.
Your body continuously communicates to let you know when one of the chakras is “off.” Think of chakra as a rechargeable battery. It is up to us to provide a source of energy or the charge they need for proper functioning. So, here are the 7 chakras and the healing stones that keep them “charged” or balanced:
1. Root Chakra
Location: Base of the spine
- Associated with a sense of being grounded.
- Influences survival instincts.
- Imbalance can manifest as fear, defensiveness, paranoia, or procrastination.
- Healing stone: red jasper, snowflake obsidian, hematite.
2. Sacral Chakra
Location: Between the base of the spine and the navel
- Associated with circulatory system, reproductive organs, bladder, and kidneys.
- Influences procreation, creativity, desire, pleasure, and sexuality.
- Imbalance can manifest as insecurity, inability to cope, uncertainty, and lack of emotion.
- Healing stone: moonstone, orange calcite, orange carnelian.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra
Location: Above the navel in the solar plexus area
- Associated with muscles, pancreas, digestive system, and adrenals.
- Influences feelings of joy, laughter, anger, and ambition.
- Imbalance can manifest as lack of direction, sense of victimization, anger, or frustration.
- Healing stone: citrine, pyrite, yellow jasper.
4. Heart Chakra
Location: Center of the chest just above the heart
- Associated with harmony, peace, love, and compassion.
- Influences feelings of unconditional love and the desire to marry and settle down.
- Imbalance can manifest as heart or lung problems, lack of compassion, unprincipled behavior.
- Healing stone: jade, green aventurine, rose quartz.
5. Throat Chakra
Location: Within the throat
Color: Blue or turquoise
- Associated with creativity, judgment, self-expression, communication.
- Influences healing, transformation, synthesizing of ideas, purification.
- Imbalance can manifest as problems communicating, dishonesty, impaired creativity.
- Healing stone: turquoise, blue chalcedony, blue calcite.
6. Third Eye (Brow) Chakra
Location: Center of the forehead
- Associated with spirituality, perception, knowing.
- Influences inner vision, wisdom, intuition. It is believed that recollections of past lives are held in this chakra.
- Imbalance may manifest as depression and problems such as lack of foresight, selective memory, mental rigidity.
- Healing stone: lapis lazuli, sodalite, sugilite.
7. Crown Chakra
Location: Top of the head
- Associated with understanding, acceptance, information, and bliss.
- Influences our connection to spirituality and inner and outer beauty. It is said to be the chakra of personal destiny and divine purpose.
- Imbalance can manifest as psychological problems.
- Healing stone: amethyst, howlite, selenite.
How Healing Stones Restore Balance to Chakras
It’s interesting to note that the color of the healing stones corresponds to the color associated with the chakra. Each stone resonates at a frequency that matches that of the chakra. When the chakra absorbs the stone’s energy, balance is restored and healing begins.
If you’d like more information regarding what is chakra? I and chakras and healing stones, contact SuddenShrines today. Or, explore the website to view my line of handmade jewelry. Each piece is unique and designed to capture the essence of these amazing healing stones.